Work with Young People
If you provide or commission services for young people, User Voice can help with the following:
- Consultation and Service User Involvement for specific issue based or locally based projects and events;
- Youth Councils and Advisory Groups for YOTs and YOIs based on the model we have successfully delivered in prisons and for probation in the community;
- Advocacy and Resettlement Support;
- Inspection and Quality Assurance of Local Authority commissioned services by and for the hardest to reach service users.
Our work is ‘open ended’. We know that young people are at different points in their individual journeys to desistance. With this in mind, we operate a ‘revolving door’ policy; engagement is voluntary and young people are made aware that the door is always open for them at User Voice if they wish to re-engage or seek support. We believe this is fundamental to offering a youth-centred engagement approach.
We recruit talented and caring staff trained in youth engagement and youth justice practices to work on our projects. Our team embody our values as an organisation, are youth-centred in their ethos and are highly effective in their engagement with the most excluded groups of young people.
User Voice is rigorous in its recruitment and selection processes and operate clear and robust safe working practices across the organisation.
If you are interested in using or commissioning our services, please contact Paula Harriott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alongside our on-going projects, we have begun working on a Youth Advisory Group at the Somerset Youth Offending Services.
- A group of volunteer Youth Reps attended Bristol YOT Full Staff Away Day in March 2013 to engage with staff via a co-production event, discussing issues such as staff relationships, supporting engagement, compliance and breach and content of orders.
- At Gloucester Youth Support Team, we are engaging young people in the criminal justice system and gang affected young people to support their inclusion in the design and delivery of local services, leading to a co-production event in late Summer.
Councils and Youth Advisory Groups
Somerset Youth Support Services
HM Inspectorate of Probation