Development and Communications Assistant (volunteer)
At User Voice, we want to find solutions to help make the criminal justice system better for everyone. Working in 18 prisons and two-thirds of probation nationwide, we facilitate Councils that enable productive collaboration between service users, and commissioners.
We can do this because our work is led and delivered by ex-offenders. This gives us the special ability to gain the trust of, access to, and insight from people within the criminal justice system.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and creative volunteer Communications and Development Assistant to work in our London office. They will be responsible for supporting our growing team’s communications needs.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to gain knowledge of the criminal justice system and develop skills and experience in communicating what we do by developing funding streams and using digital media while being involved with an innovative charity.
We particularly welcome applications from ex-offenders and from all sections of the community regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age or disability.
We require a forward thinking volunteer with strong research skills, a flair for writing, confident using digital media platforms and the ability to be proactive and work largely unsupervised. We are looking for a high calibre graduate, ideally in politics or criminology, with excellent IT skills and a genuine interest in criminal justice and social policy to help with the growth of this exciting and innovative organisation.
- Research background material for funding applications;
- Identify new funding opportunities;
- Assist with drafting funding applications;
- Identify methods and avenues for publicising and marketing the work of User Voice;
- Assisting with creating content and campaigns for our digital media platforms;
- General administrative duties.
What this role can offer
- Invaluable experience working within a criminal justice system charity as well as the opportunity to be involved with a start up at an exciting stage in its development;
- The space to develop existing skills and gain new ones in a practical working environment;
- The opportunity to see your work on our digital media platforms;
- Work experience to add to your CV;
- Support from a motivated and enthusiastic team;
- A valuable experience contributing to real social change;
- Reimbursement of London travel expenses.