Job title: Administration Intern (3 Positions)
Salary: Voluntary, although reasonable travel expenses are reimbursed
User Voice exists to reduce offending by presenting the voice of the most marginalised people in and around the criminal justice system to decision makers. It is an organisation led and delivered by ex-offenders, founded by Mark Johnson, award-winning social entrepreneur and author of his best selling memoir, Wasted.
User Voice delivers a service user-led rehabilitation experience to assist people caught up in the criminal justice system find a path to successful living; better criminal justice services and institutions; and policy change that will mainstream the inclusion of the user voice.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to gain experience, skills and knowledge across both organisations – an innovative charity.
We require a forward-thinking intern who is motivated and enthusiastic to help with the growth of both of these exciting and innovative organisations:
- Highly organised with the ability to multi-task;
- Excellent IT skills;
- Ability to be proactive and work largely unsupervised;
- Strong research skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- A genuine interest in criminal justice and social policy.
4 – 5 days a week for 8 – 12 weeks (flexible)
- Communications, including PR, promotion, website maintenance and social media;
- Assist in creating, updating and maintaining systems for monitoring and evaluation;
- Collate and analyse data with some report writing;
- Research background material for projects and business development;
- Administrative duties, including some diary management and travel booking;
- Assist with recruitment through liaising with agencies and potential employees;
- Identify methods and avenues for publicising and marketing;
- Assist staff and CEO with tasks as and when they arise.
What this role can offer
- Invaluable experience working within a criminal justice system based charity as well as the opportunity to be involved with a start up at an exciting stage in its development;
- The space to develop existing skills and gain new ones in a practical working environment;
- Work experience to add to your CV;
- Support from a motivated and enthusiastic team;
- A valuable experience contributing to real social change; and
- Reimbursement of reasonable travel expenses.
Closing date: Friday 8th April
Interview & Start dates
Interviews will be on a rolling basis.
Start date will be ASAP (flexible).
Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks are done at the earliest possible stage. However, your DBS is not a barrier to this work and each case will be reviewed on its merits.
To apply: please send a CV and covering letter to Recruitment@uservoice.org