Job Description – Administrative Project Support Assistant
User Voice exists to reduce offending by presenting the voice of the most marginalised people in and around the criminal justice system to decision makers. It is an organisation led and delivered by ex-offenders, founded by Mark Johnson, award-winning social entrepreneur and author of his bestselling memoir, Wasted.
User Voice delivers a service user-led rehabilitation experience to assist people caught up in the criminal justice system find a path to successful living; better criminal justice services and institutions; and policy change that will mainstream the inclusion of the user voice.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to gain experience, skills and knowledge across both organisations – an innovative charity.
- Administrative duties, typing up of numerous meeting minutes and proposals within a short turnaround timescale.
- Assist in creating and maintaining data capture processes
- Collate weekly data for evidence based reporting
- Assist and support the Research & Evaluation team members with any other related activities
We require a forward-thinking intern who is motivated and enthusiastic to help with the growth of this exciting and innovative organisation;
- A genuine interest in criminal justice and social policy;
- Ability to be proactive and work largely unsupervised;
- Proficient typing skills
- Organised with the ability to multi-task;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Have a good understanding of Excel and word.
What this role can offer you
- Invaluable experience working within a criminal justice system based charity
- Playing a key role in helping record rich data the Health Team to evidence the vital engagement work being done
- The space to develop existing skills and gain new ones in a practical working environment;
- Work experience to add to your CV;
- Support from a motivated and enthusiastic team;
- A valuable experience contributing to real social change;
- Reimbursement of reasonable travel expenses.
1.5 days per week.
Tuesday & Thursday (1 full day & 1 half day)