TRUST AND FOUNDATIONS MANAGER
Up to £35k (depending on experience)
Are you ready to make your mark? This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced trust and foundations professional to work with a truly progressive criminal justice charity.
As Trust and Foundations Manager you will take personal responsibility for developing User Voice’s income from a diverse range of trusts, foundations, statutory bodies and other funders. We are looking for someone to work autonomously to research future funding opportunities, and write and submit compelling applications and grant proposals in support of wider organisational objectives.
We are a transformative campaigning charity working to improve the criminal justice system employing user-led change through democratic election, council and engagement models in secure institutions and in the community. We run a range of contracts with prisons and probations services, and are looking to bring in a Trust and Foundations Manager to enhance these programmes with unrestricted income.
You will hit the ground running, shaping a strategy for one of the UK’s most innovative charities, and will need a track record of fundraising in the trust and foundations area.
User Voice is 10 years old this year and it is shaping up to be an exciting one. With a newly recruited senior management team working alongside our inspirational founding team, the organisation is looking to bring scale to its already highly successful activities.
We want someone to help us grow, and to grow with us.
You will work in an informal, flexible, focused and inspiring working environment – all we ask for is success, and we will give you every help you need to take our work to the next level.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
User Voice is looking for someone to tap into the enormous potential of our unique organisation to create and deliver an ambitious trusts and foundations fundraising strategy. We are looking for a candidate with a passion for social justice and helping the most vulnerable people in society.
- To create a strategy to maximise fundraising opportunities from charitable and statutory grants
- To identify opportunities to raise unrestricted and restricted funds from trusts, foundations and statutory bodies
- To assist in identifying budgeted activities to package as fundable projects
- To maintain detailed research on trusts, foundations and statutory bodies
- To match donors and funders with projects
- To lead on drafting applications of the highest quality
- To ensure applications are fully considered by donors
Management of grants
- To ensure all donations and grants are acknowledged in a timely fashion
- To liaise with internal teams for smooth processing of received grants
- To help ensure Engagement Teams are aware of their obligations regards new funding
- To work with the Research and Evaluation Team in order to develop effective feedback and reporting systems
- To manage the delivery of information for donors on User Voice updates and developments
- To identify high value donors and work with the leadership team to cultivate relationships
- To nurture relationships with prospective donors, showcasing User Voice services and events
- Assisting with other fundraising activities as required
- Undertaking any other duties that may be reasonably required
- Proven track record of successfully raising funds from trusts, foundations and statutory bodies
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and relationship-building skills as well as the ability to influence and motivate supporters
- Excellent writing skills
- Knowledge of the latest fundraising strategies and techniques
- Excellent computer skills including sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and databases
- An ability to multi-task and prioritise workload under pressure
- Entrepreneurial skills and demonstrates a flexible ‘can-do’ approach
- Ability to thrive in a small team environment and manage and lead change
- A strong and demonstrable commitment to the aims and values of User Voice
- A strong and demonstrable commitment to and understanding of the promotion of equality and diversity
- An understanding of the criminal justice system and associated services
- Knowledge and experience of fundraising within the criminal justice sector
Equality and diversity
User Voice welcomes applications from ex-offenders and from all sections of the community regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age or disability.
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks
This post is subject to a standard criminal record disclosure check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) processes.
Applicants should send a CV and a statement of their suitability outlining their experience against each point of the Person Specification to User Voice, 20 Newburn Street, London, SE11 5PJ or firstname.lastname@example.org.