User Voice exists to reduce offending by presenting the voice of the most marginalised people in and around the Criminal Justice System to decision makers. Founded by Mark Johnson, award-winning social entrepreneur and author of his best-selling memoir Wasted, User Voice is an organisation led and delivered by ex-offenders.
User Voice delivers a service user-led rehabilitation experience to assist people caught up in the Criminal Justice System find a path to successful living; better criminal justice services and institutions; and policy change that will mainstream the inclusion of the user voice.
User Voice is looking for an enthusiastic research support intern who is hardworking, conscientious and organised to join the team at this exciting and innovative charity.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to gain knowledge on the Criminal Justice System and develop their skills and experience in research, working with data and networking.
What this role can offer
- Invaluable experience of working within the Criminal Justice sector
- Experience in research and working with data; of working with research and data
- The rewards of contributing to real social change;
- Support from a motivated and enthusiastic team;
- An opportunity to improve your CV.
- Ability to effectively work with data;
- Assist in creating, updating and maintaining systems for community and prison programmes;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Highly organised and able to work to deadlines;
- Ability to support others
- Strong IT skills;
- An excellent telephone manner
- Ability to coordinate activities
- Ability to be proactive and work largely unsupervised.
- To compile research, and sort data for mapping relevant local and regional services for regional teams in varying formats;
- Entering information into required electronic format;
- To offer rolling support to our regional teams
- To adhere to confidentiality policies and research ethics.
Interview & Start dates
Interviews will be on an ongoing basis, Start date will be ASAP (flexible)
Hours: 2-3 days a week for 3 months (flexible)
User Voice works with children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to a Basic criminal record disclosure check via the new Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) processes. The purpose of the check is to ensure that the nature of the applicant’s criminal record, considered alongside evidence of the applicant’s rehabilitation, does not indicate that his or her employment in this role would put current service users at risk.