COMMUNICATIONS & PR INTERN
User Voice are committed to making the criminal justice system work for everyone. Our unique approach is designed, deployed and delivered by former service users working alongside current service users and providers. We have been delivering significant change in the Criminal Justice System for a decade and bring about transformation for: institutions, individuals and the agenda – so the system can work for everyone. We believe the experience of users is vital for positive change.
User Voice is looking for a forward thinking volunteer with a flair for writing and eye-catching design. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to contribute to social change and develop their skills and experience in different aspects of copy and digital communications, as well as public and media relations.
What this role can offer
- Invaluable experience of working within a Criminal Justice System charity as well as the opportunity to be involved with a start up at an exciting stage in its development;
- The space to develop existing skills and gain new ones in a practical working environment;
- The opportunity to publish work in print and on digital platforms;
- The rewards of contributing to real social change;
- An opportunity to improve your CV.
- Experienced in producing bold content;
- Ability to identify target audiences;
- Knowledge of campaign planning and activities;
- Highly organised and able to work to deadlines;
- Are proactive and able to work largely unsupervised;
- Familiarity with WordPress would also be beneficial.
- To create content – print, digital, media;
- To participate with campaigns;
- To identify key avenues for publicity;
- To assist with the website;
- To support administrative comms duties.
Interview & start dates
Interviews will be on an ongoing basis, start date will be ASAP (flexible)
Minimum hours and duration: 2 days a week for 3 months
To apply please email your CV, covering letter, and at least 1 example of copy/digital content you have created to email@example.com
User Voice works with children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to a Basic criminal record disclosure check via the new Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) processes. The purpose of the check is to ensure that the nature of the applicant’s criminal record, considered alongside evidence of the applicant’s rehabilitation, does not indicate that his or her employment in this role would put current service users at risk.