User Voice exists to reduce offending by presenting the voice of the most marginalised people in and around the Criminal Justice System to decision makers. Founded by Mark Johnson, award-winning social entrepreneur and author of his best-selling memoir Wasted, User Voice is an organisation led and delivered by ex-offenders.
User Voice delivers a service user-led rehabilitation experience to assist people caught up in the Criminal Justice System find a path to successful living; better criminal justice services and institutions; and policy change that will mainstream the inclusion of the user voice.
User Voice is looking for an enthusiastic research and data entry intern who is hardworking, conscientious and organised to join the research team at this exciting and innovative charity.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to gain knowledge on the Criminal Justice System and develop their skills and experience in research methods and working with data.
Join our term to experience a hands-on, first-person experience that brings you right into the heart of User Voice. You’ll gain real work experience and be a part of everyday team scenarios. It’s the perfect way to discover where a career at User Voice can take you and we offer an unrivalled experience that will help prepare you for your future career.
- The opportunity to learn and gain practical experience in a hands-on environment
- The ability to work on projects and programs currently in progress at User Voice, which allows the intern to apply knowledge that contributes to the overall business
What this role can offer
- Invaluable experience working within a criminal justice system based charity;
- Playing a key role in helping record rich data from the whole organisation to evidence the vital engagement work being done;
- The space to develop existing skills and gain new ones in a practical working environment;
- Work experience to add to your CV;
- Support from a motivated and enthusiastic team;
- A valuable experience contributing to real social change;
- Reimbursement of reasonable travel expenses.
- Overall responsibility for financial planning and analysis
- Review monthly actuals and highlight causes of unexpected variances
- Manage relationships with the accounting shared services team
- Manage invoicing and accounts receivable
- Produce weekly cash flow forecast based on debtors management
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget
- Follow up on monthly actuals and variance analysis against budget
- Assists in the preparation of the three year strategic plan
- To prepare, compile and sort documents for data entry in varying formats;
- Transcribing information into required electronic format and coding;
- To adhere to confidentiality policies and research ethics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance (or currently studying);
- Ability to effectively work with raw data;
- Assist in creating, updating and maintaining systems for monitoring and evaluation;
- Highly organised and able to work to deadlines;
- Strong IT skills;
- Ability to be proactive and work largely unsupervised;
- Proactive and eager to learn quickly.
- A genuine interest in finance end to end processes;
- A genuine interest in impacting social change.
Interview and Start dates
Interviews will be held on an ongoing basis
Start date will be ASAP (flexible)
Hours: 2-3 days a week for 3 months (flexible)