Location: flexible but ideally London
User Voice are committed to making the criminal justice system work for everyone. Our unique approach is designed, deployed and delivered by former service users working alongside current service users and providers. We have been delivering significant change in the Criminal Justice System for a decade and bring about transformation for: institutions, individuals and the agenda – so the system can work for everyone. We believe the experience of users is vital for positive change.
User Voice is looking for an enthusiastic research and evaluation intern who is hardworking, conscientious and organised to join the team at this exciting and innovative charity.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to gain knowledge on the Criminal Justice System and develop their skills and experience in research and working with data.
What this role can offer
- Experience of working on research projects and with data;
- The rewards of contributing to real social change;
- Support from a motivated and enthusiastic team;
- Invaluable experience of working within the Criminal Justice sector;
- An opportunity to improve your CV.
- Ability to effectively work with qualitative and quantitative data;
- Assist in creating, updating and maintaining systems for community and prison programmes;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Highly organised and able to work to deadlines;
- Ability to support others;
- Strong IT skills;
- An excellent telephone manner;
- Ability to be proactive and work largely unsupervised.
- To maintain monitoring and evaluation systems;
- Quantitative data analysis and qualitative data coding;
- To support regional engagement teams in quality data collection;
- Data digitisation and audio transcription;
- Stakeholder interviews and case study write ups;
- To offer rolling support to our regional teams;
- To adhere to confidentiality policies and research ethics.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview & Start dates
Interviews will be on an ongoing basis, Start date will be ASAP (flexible)
Hours: 2-3 days a week for 3 months (flexible)
User Voice works with children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to a Basic criminal record disclosure check via the new Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) processes. The purpose of the check is to ensure that the nature of the applicant’s criminal record, considered alongside evidence of the applicant’s rehabilitation, does not indicate that his or her employment in this role would put current service users at risk.