ENGAGEMENT TEAM MEMBER WORKING IN HMP FOREST BANK, CHESHIRE & GREATER MANCHESTER
We believe in the power of your personal lived-experience of the criminal justice system.
We believe with the right opportunity, encouragement and support everybody can change.
Do you want to use your experience to enable others to change the system from within?
IF YOU DO, THEN THIS IS THE RIGHT PLACE FOR YOU!
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
- Been in prison or on probation?
- A People person and a good listener?
- Good IT/literacy/numeracy skills?
- Turned your life around and want to help others?
- Have something to give and can say what it is?
- Manage your own life well, and can prove it?
- Highly motivated and passionate about change?
If the answer to ALL of these is yes, then we want you…!
WHAT’S ON OFFER?
- 3 or 4 days per week
- 12 month fixed-term contract
- Up to £25,000 depending on experience (pro-rata for part-time)
- 25 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time)
* The post is subject to a 6 month probationary period and Enhanced DBS check
HOW TO APPLY?
Download and complete the application and equality & diversity forms and send with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Application-Form – Engagement Team Member for application form
Click Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form for equality & diversity form
For more information speak to our Regional Manager Brendan Doyle on 07939 661 135
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE
Become part of a vibrant team living our values – collaborative, democratic, resilient optimistic, ordering chaos and authentic. You’ll get an experience like no other with the chance to fast forward your career.
We offer career enhancing opportunity, support and encouragement to develop new skills.
Successful candidates will be results and outcome-orientated with knowledge of the criminal justice sector. As well as managing the development and delivery of the service, we are looking for motivated people willing to travel and go above and beyond to get the job done.
Our Engagement Teams are responsible for engaging with a diverse range of service users with different experiences in order to improve services and promote active citizenship. As balanced Teams they have a range of complementary skills in order to achieve these aims, including service user engagement, service provider engagement, project management and administration.
Individual Team Members will demonstrate some, but not necessarily all of these skills and as a result will be responsible for different areas of delivery as assigned by the Engagement Team Leader as set out below.
- Service user engagement and recruitment – Including through presentations, surveys, focus groups and workshops
- Staff engagement – including through presentations, staff and individual meetings
- Stakeholder engagement – including other statutory and voluntary sector partner agencies
- Providing training to an accredited standard
- Facilitating groups, including meetings, focus groups, workshops and large events
- Recruiting and managing service users and volunteers – including providing clear activities, support and signposting to further opportunities
- Coordinating tasks and activities within the project plan and producing regular reports
- Keeping accurate and up to date records – including participants details, engagement levels, diversity/equality monitoring data
- Assessing risk, working within safeguarding best practice and reporting incidents
In addition to the above duties, the post holder will be required to perform other duties, which are assigned from time to time. However, such other duties will be reasonable in relation to the individual’s skills, abilities and grade.