User Voice has an exciting opportunity to manage operational delivery in the north of England within this ambitious, growing charity.
User Voice is the UK’s leading ex-offender led charity, committed to making the criminal justice system work by giving people in prison and on probation a voice. Founded in 2009, User Voice has grown significantly, with 5 regional offices, 60 plus staff, the delivery of 40 contracts and an income of over £1.5 million.
Our Founder is an inspirational leader committed to the Charities mission and driven to build upon the charities success, he is seeking an experienced individual to manage a diverse staff team to deliver successful contracts across the north of the country. The successful candidate will also be responsible for driving performance against budget as well as taking ownership for quality assurance.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Head of Delivery (North of England), you will ensure that the Regional Managers (in our Northern Services) meet the requirements of largely contracted services, establishing an effective quality assurance process and help forge new relationships to build User Voice’s visibility, impact, and financial resources.
The post holder will represent User Voice externally and seek, when appropriate new business opportunities to ensure and accelerate User Voice’s growth strategy.
Salary £40 – £45k pa
Reporting to Director of Operations:
- Manage Regional Managers including ensuring effective teamwork, communications, KPI’s and contract achievement and performance appraisal. Regional Manager appraisal meetings will include Director of Operations
- Ensure management of resources – financial and human
- Identification, assessment and reporting of operational risks – including active management of risk registers, mitigation measures
- Work with Regional Managers on effective contract management escalating concerns where appropriate
- Ensure central reporting on management and financial information is accurate and timely
- Assist in contract negotiation
- Experience of managing operations preferably dispersed geographical teams
- Strong communication skills
- Strong leadership and team working skills
- Commitment to equality and diversity
- Mentoring and coaching skills – provide guidance and constructive feedback to assist in career development
- Strong problem solving, conflict resolution and decision making skills
- Willingness to travel across our services in the North of England and also to our Head Office in London as and when required.
- Experience of the criminal justice system and contract delivery
- Lived experience (been in prison or on probation)
User Voice is not only a successful charity, but is genuinely committed to paving the way within the sector to make the criminal justice system work for everyone. User Voice is determined to ignite positive change for institutions, individuals and the overall agenda by putting users at the heart of our purpose.
This opportunity will appeal to an ambitious individual who can accommodate flexible working from regional sites.
If you think you have the right skills and the drive to succeed in this exciting role, then please get in touch with our recruitment partners at Badenoch + Clark and to request the job description. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org