recruitment and administration intern
- London Based
- Voluntary, 8 hours per day
- Unpaid role, expenses paid
User Voice exists to reduce offending by presenting the voice of the most marginalised people in and around the Criminal Justice System to decision makers. Founded by Mark Johnson, award-winning social entrepreneur and author of his best-selling memoir Wasted, User Voice is an organisation led and delivered by ex-offenders.
User Voice delivers a service user-led rehabilitation experience to assist people caught up in the Criminal Justice System find a path to successful living; better criminal justice services and institutions; and policy change that will mainstream the inclusion of the user voice.
We require a forward-thinking recruitment and administration intern who is enthusiastic and motivated to use their administrative skills and knowledge to support the work of User Voice’s and its involvement in issues affecting people involved in the Criminal Justice System.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to gain knowledge on the Criminal Justice System and develop skills and experience in recruitment and administration, while being involved with an innovative charity.
Role and responsibilities
Administration Intern/volunteers support the Operations Manager with a variety of functions relevant to projects that align with the company’s overall strategy. Each Intern will obtain hands on experience through projects that will be assigned in HR functional areas such as: Recruitment; Talent and Organizational Capability; Diversity, Inclusion, Equal Opportunity Programs; Workforce Strategy, Analytics, and Talent Acquisition. Projects are based on business needs coupled with the candidate’s education, experience, and career interests.
Additionally, this position performs a variety of tasks from normal correspondence to highly confidential reports ensuring timelines are meet, accuracy and confidential handling of sensitive matters as well as assisting with the preparation of company-wide HR related documents. This position is responsible for the collection and distribution of a variety of reports as well as compiling of information for the department
- Administrative duties, including some diary management
- Research background material for User Voice projects;
- Assist with recruitment through liaising with agencies and potential employees;
- Ensure proper procedures are followed during the sourcing and on boarding process.
- Provide all required forms and ensure their completion in a timely manner.
- Maintain current recruitment files both electronically.
- Make necessary arrangements and preparations for various meetings.
- Work directly with the central team assist with tasks as and when they arise;
- A genuine interest in criminal justice and social policy;
- Highly organised with the ability to multi-task;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- A passion to engage and develop networks;
- Ability to be proactive and work largely unsupervised;
- Excellent IT skills;
- Strong administrative and research skills;
- Strong project management and problem solving skills
What this role can offer
- Invaluable experience working within a Criminal Justice System based charity as well as the opportunity to be involved with a start up at an exciting stage in its development;
- The space to develop existing skills and gain new ones in a practical working environment;
- Work experience to add to your CV;
- Support from a motivated and enthusiastic team;
- A valuable experience contributing to real social change;
- Reimbursement of London travel expenses.
Interview and Start dates
Interviews will be held on an ongoing basis.
Start date will be ASAP (flexible)
Hours: 2-3 days a week for 3 months (flexible)
User Voice works with children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to a Basic criminal record disclosure check via the new Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) processes. The purpose of the check is to ensure that the nature of the applicant’s criminal record, considered alongside evidence of the applicant’s rehabilitation, does not indicate that his or her employment in this role would put current service users at risk.
To apply, send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com