London/remote with ad-hoc requirement in the office
User Voice was created for, and is run by, people who have been in prison and on probation. We are the only organisation in the criminal justice system to operate with over 80% of our team having lived experience and over 40% having started as volunteers.
We are resilient by nature and work alongside, rather than within, the criminal justice system. We are servant leaders, accountable to the people we serve. Since we began our journey in 2009, we have grown significantly, with 5 regional teams, 30 plus staff and 400 volunteers.
User Voice peer research projects use insight from people within criminal justice to both influence fundamental changes to the policy and public debate, to innovate new services, and to reform systems.
In the past 12 years, User Voice has conducted over 80 peer research projects with over 10,000 participants.
User Voice peer research and consultations projects have a positive impact on individual participants as a result of the peer-led approach, change institutions along the way by providing them with real time insight and give policy makers a massive reality check.
The research manager role will encompass both qualitative and quantitative research within prisons and probation. The successful person will design, manage and report on research that addresses the biggest issues for people in the criminal justice system. The successful person will work very closely with our Engagement Team Members (ETMs), the Head of Research and our clients.
Working at User Voice is an opportunity to challenge the status quo. We’re an organisation for people who want to speak up and amplify the voices of people in the criminal justice system. We’re an organisation of people who trust our own voice and believe in amplifying the voices of others. We’re an organisation focused on the people experiencing the sharp end of criminal justice.
If you share our values, are eager to make a difference and have a background in research then this could be the job for you!
- Experienced mixed-method researcher with 3+ years in a research agency or clientside. Quant or Qual only experience will also be considered.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Business development experience
- Good IT skills and proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and survey software such as Survey Monkey, Google etc
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience of analysing and reporting qualitative and quantitative research
- Experience/skills to communicate outcomes to a number of different audiences
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team
- Highly organised, can manage and prioritise workload and that of others
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system
- Personal experience of the criminal justice system
Terms & Conditions
- Up to £35,000 depending on experience
- Bank holidays plus 25 days holiday pro-rata
- This post is subject to an Enhanced criminal record disclosure check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) process